Sunday, September 16, 2007

Labor and Delivery


On August 27th I experienced first hand the journey of labor and delivery. I gave birth to my first son, Joshua. Nothing could have prepared me for this amazing time. Yes, it was painful, and yes, I would do it again. With no epidural and no pain medicine, I called out "the Lord is my strength" during contractions and the Lord really was my strength to make it through. Seeing my son for the first time after carrying him for nine months made me speechless. Jeremy and I are both in awe of the life that was created in me.

One of my favorite passages in scripture is Psalm 139. It is a psalm of David and it speaks to Gods personal knowledge of us and how He created us. Verse 13 says "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." This took on a whole new meaning during my pregnancy and it encourages me to know that God created Joshua and what a gift he is to Jeremy and I. We are both excited about what God is going to be showing us and doing through our growing family!

2 comments:

SJ said...

Wow, Tracy!!! That is so cool that you had a natural birth. You go, girl!!! That is great. Can't wait to see continued pictures! Glad you found a good sleep resource, too. :)

Angela said...

the whole process is amazing isn't it? way to go on the natural delivery! i've had two of those now. just wish i could deliver the next baby at home. :)