Thursday, August 28, 2008

A few updates . . .



While I'm in the habit of blogging again- let me fill you in on some family updates:

JOSHUA: Well, as you can imaging, our little man is walking. He has been taking steps for about a month or so, but a few weeks ago he took off- literally. We think he has forgotten how to crawl. It has been fun to watch him "refine" his walking abilities. Of course, this means Jeremy and I have to chase after him more! Joshua also has 7 teeth- and loves mac and cheese, cottage cheese, wheat bread, and just about anything he tries.

JEREMY: The school year has started at App State and Jeremy is in the full swing of things with the InterVarsity students. He has lead 2 retreats already and the chapter will have its first Large Group Meeting tonight. Joshua and I got to join the leaders and freshman at the New Student Dessert Social that IV hosted 2 nights ago. Jeremy is adjusting to the college life schedule again. He had a meeting last night from 9-11pm! That won't be a regular meeting time- whew! Jeremy has also been spending time with the pastor at our new church and the church has given Jeremy an office! This has been a huge blessing for us and the IV ministry. I got to pick out the color and we have painted it and moved in all the office items from our house!

TRACY: I have been flooded with memories of college as I have walked the campus and the downtown area the past two months. I LOVE BOONE! I have reconnected with old friends, and met lots of new ones too. I go walking with another mom (she has a 4 month old) at the Greenway and it gets me out of the house and Joshua gets fresh air. I start a MOP's group next week and this will be a great place for me to meet more mom's and get time to be refreshed by Godly women. I have also enjoyed our new church and Joshua has lots of ready and willing baby-sitters. I start a women's discipleship group next week with some of the women there and I look forward to knowing them better. I'm still taking naps during the day while Joshua continues teething. Yay for naps.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

aaww I'm so glad that you all are doing so well. I miss our walks and truly miss our talks! We have got to catch up soon. Be sure to give your little man a squeeze for me! He looks so grown up... how he has changed in just a few short months. I hope you have a wonderful party for him!

Shannon said...

where are you guys going to church? the post makes me miss boone!