Friday, January 30, 2009

Lack of Sleep

Sleep deprivation is torture. Seriously. It is a technique used to torture prisoners- keep someone awake long enough and they will start to fall apart. Many of you moms and dads out there can testify to this. Having a newborn or a sick child can make nights seem torturous and begin to make you a little nutty and if you are at home with your children and not sleeping- this can make you over-react to anything and everything. I can remember short times of feeling hopeless when Joshua was a newborn. It took me a while to learn how to nap when he napped. Not a fun lesson to learn the hard way.

It's been a few tough weeks here in the Greenberg home. Joshua is just getting over RSV and an ear infection. He has two new teeth cutting in, and we've moved him out of the crib. Enough to make any baby wake up a lot at night. Now that I have perspective as a mom, I know, this too shall pass. I might be a little cranky, a lot tired, and the house may be a wreck for a little longer than I'd like, but I will survive. Waking up 2-4 times a night for 2 weeks has not been great for my attitude- but reminding myself of the truth of the gospel always gives me peace. So, for those of you out there having a rough week- thanking God for the weekend, and wondering if you will survive next week, I leave you with some of the lyricks to a song that encourages me with truth.

In Christ Alone

In Christ alone my hope is found;
He is my light, my strenght, my song;
This cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depts of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My comforter, my all in all-
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

No guilt in life, no fear in death-
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry, to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Til He returns or calls me home-
Here in the Power of Christ I Stand.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Remind me what is RSV? I know I know it but can't think of it... and why did you move him out of the crib? Was he climbing out? Love you! Liz

Amy said...

Tracy! Congratulations...I understand the sleep deprivation part now...but that AND a sick toddler I cannot imagine...He will give you strength as your day...I'm counting on that!!!!!!!!
Love you!!!!