Monday, October 22, 2007

Sick Baby

I didn't know how upset I would be when Joshua got sick for the first time. I had no idea I would cry more than he did- seriously! Many of you know he got sick last week and I was so upset about it- really struggling with thinking that I was a terrible mom (even though I knew this was a lie). How could I let me son get sick so early on? - As if I had control over it!

Joshua had a fever for about a week, and had to have several tests done to make sure nothing was seriously wrong with him. The great news is that everything came back great- and he is over his fever- and as cute as ever. The unexpected news is that I realized how helpless I felt while he was sick. He can't tell me anything yet- what is hurting, why he is crying, what he needs. He is completely depending on Jeremy and I for his needs (and what he wants when he gets older).

This reminds me of my relationship with God- I am completely dependent on God for my needs.The difference is that He knows exactly what I need and when I need it. Even better, God knows Joshua's every need and will provide for both of us. I am looking forward to all the new ways God will reveal himself to me in parenthood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tracy, I can't start to describe all the things God has taught me through parenting. I think the most prominent has been how much we act like toddlers towards God! Stubborn and rebellious, trying to get as close to the limit as possible without getting into trouble, blind to the greater purposes behind the rules.

robyn L. said...

Tracy, I'm glad little Joshua is feeling better. I think about you guys quite often!