Saturday, October 27, 2007

"You'll be lucky to get a shower!"

This is what I had heard while I was pregnant- and it really scared me! Let me explain: I LOVE SHOWERS! I am a morning person, I can wake up at 5am and as long as I get my hot shower I am good for the day. The shower is a special place for me- to wake up, and relax under the hot steam!

So many moms told me that I would be lucky to get a shower when the baby came. I was preparing for this loss, until having a few more conversations with other moms. "I just put him in his bouncy chair, put him by the bathroom door where I can see, and take a shower while he naps." Amazing! That is- if your baby will nap!

I must admit- I was spoiled the first two weeks after birth- Jeremy was home for a while and could watch Joshua while I showered and family was around for another week, giving me opportunities to take nice long morning showers! But, I had to venture out on my own when my help was gone- and try showers with Joshua a few feet away, passed out in the bouncy chair. To my great joy it works! It still does! Joshua takes his first morning nap while I shower and wake up for the day. Am I spoiled? I think so! I think I have only gone 2 days since delivery day without a shower. . . must be a world record! Like I said before- I LOVE SHOWERS! So, be encouraged! If you have a napping baby and a bouncy chair- it can happen for you too!

No comments: