Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Reading


I love to read, and I can read fast! When the "Harry Potter" craze came out, I waited until the 4th book was released before I started- and I read the first 4 in about 3 weeks.

Reading is important to Jeremy and I both. He finds himself reading constantly now. He has his leisure reading (which is usually pretty heavy reading) and now his work reading. Right now he is reading J.I. Packer's Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God to research for a paper he is writing on Evangelism. I'm pretty sure he has read it before, and I read it a few years back when I was on staff with IV. I don't have as much time to read as I used to, but I'm finding bits of time here and there.

We want reading to be a big part of Joshua's life too. His Grandma G has given him lots of books for us to read to him, and one of my baby showers was a "childhood book" theme. Joshua has a mini-library started. I try to read to him every day. This past week, he has really started to watch me and the pages and it is exciting!

This picture we took last week. We like to say that Joshua started with a little "light" reading. I need to read the book first- can't be beat out by my 11 week old yet! So, what are YOU reading?

4 comments:

robyn L. said...

Hey Tracy,

I'm not reading anything for fun right now. Almost all of my books are in storage, and I finished my one "fun" book last week. I need something new to read!

Dan Hawkins said...

That's an amazing picture, and I think some belated congratulations seem to be in order...

So congratulations.

I just re-read Weight of Glory, just read The Thirteenth Tale and Tree of Smoke (novels) and am reading a Jim Butcher novel and the City of God.

Anonymous said...

Awesome picture.

erin said...

what a great picture! i've been going through derek kidner's commentary on the psalms with my devotions in the morning, but that's just been in bits and pieces. my usual before-bed reading time has been recently replaced with sudoku! (i'm ashamed to admit it, but it's wickedly addictive.) :)
sophia loves to look at books on her own and be read to - she just figured out how to turn pages! i got some good pics of her doing it today, so i'll try to get them up on my blog soon.