Thursday, November 15, 2007

Scrabble

Jeremy and I love to play board games and cards. We spent a good deal of our dating relationship playing games together and with other people. Scrabble is one of our favorites- Jeremy wins most of the time, but I can say that every once in a blue moon I win.

Since getting married and having Joshua, we have not been able to play as often as before. There are some couples that also love games near by and we have an occasional dinner and game night. Those are the best!

A few days ago, when Joshua was napping, we broke out the Scrabble board. It was so nice to sit and play with Jeremy- I was loving it! The funny part is that I was too tired to finish that night, so we had to make it a 2 day Scrabble game. Jeremy won- big time. I'm a bit rusty!

So, I encourage you all to turn off the TV, put the computer away, lay down your book, and play a board game! Play with your family, your friends, and enjoy! They even have the Scrabble Dictionary on-line here. This is for those of you who play by the rules!

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, plan on dusting off the old board games and having some good old fashioned fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had a ton of fun playing "Hi Ho Cherry-O" with Abigail before bedtime tonight :) Games are the greatest.

Dan Hawkins said...

I have a big two volume "Shorter Oxford" dictionary that I use when playing scrabble. It has the word "Qi" in it, which is helpful.

I have (or at least think I have) a good vocabulary, but somehow I'm only average at this game. Oh, well...

robyn L. said...

Scrabble was my parents' favorite game in their early days together! My mom used to read the dictionary beforehand to stock up on words and then she would nonchalantly ask my dad to play. ;)