Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Jeremy to the rescue!

Joshua has been a handful lately- and a fun one at that. Now that he can stand, yep, he is constantly on the go, getting into things, squealing with delight, and keeping mom on her toes. Yes, when I say constantly, I mean it. He won't even sit still for a diaper change anymore. I have mastered the art of changing him while he stands. He cracks me up.

Jeremy rescued me the other night. My patience at the end of the day is a bit short, especially when trying to teach Joshua to pick up his food puffs to put in his mouth. I had all but given up and was popping them into his mouth (which resembled a worker feeding fish to a seal!). Jeremy stepped in, spent some good time in the kitchen with Joshua in his highchair, and had him feeding himself in under 15 minutes. Now, that was such a huge gift to me! I can't explain how much easier meal time is with the little one. Let's see what challenge lies ahead for us next . . . potty training???

3 comments:

Shannon said...

hang in there- you'll make it. and i hate to tell you there will be daily challenges between now and potty training. thank god he gave us the holy spirit to help us in the moment. and thank god for godly husbands too!!

Caroline said...

Tracy P. Ennis - Oh my gosh, its you...and you're a mommy! Just stopping in really quick, I'll take a longer look when I'm not so tired. Feel free to check us out at www.momofaredhead.blogspot.com! Oh, by the way, its Caroline from the CWR days! Has it really been 10 years?

Unknown said...

LOL....I feel your pain with the patience level!
But don't sweat potty training...we just trained Thomas (or did he train himself? hmmm), and it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Of course, this comes after a failed attempt last summer when he clearly wasn't ready. But with me being a little Type A and him being the first child, we learned the hard way to wait till he was ready. :)