Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Overwhelmed?


Do you ever get overwhelmed with life? I mean- REALLY overwhelmed? Well, that seems to be a theme for myself lately. Completely overwhelmed. It is mostly emotional and Jeremy has to deal with it. Sorry!

Most of my friends know that I don't do well with change. By this I mean I really freak out at the "unknown". I like things comfortable and predictable. This kind of personality has lots of challenges in life- because life is not comfortable on the time, and rarely is it predictable.

Our family is packing up (literally we have already started filling the ABC boxes with all the many books we have) and moving this summer to Boone, NC where Jeremy will be the IV Staff Worker at Appalachian State University. This is where I went to college- so I am totally amazed and excited about where God has called us. It is the "leaving" part of this move that has me in an overwhelmed emotional uproar.

What will I do without my friends here? What about finding a good church? How in the world do I pack up a 3 person household? What are we going to do without a Starbucks within a 1 hour drive? Who will be our babysitter? Silly questions, I know. But- they are in my head swimming around!

Yet, God is faithful. He took care of me when I moved here to Virginia. He took care of me when I was in the midst of giving birth to Joshua. He has taken care of me my entire life and He will take care of me as I move my family to Boone.

Plus, He has given us a great gift in our son, Joshua. Just look how cute he is at his 6 month check-up. How do YOU see God taking care of you when you get overwhelmed?

6 comments:

robyn L. said...

Tracy, Tracy, Tracy...Haven't you learned by now that YOU make friends wherever you go? Your friends in Virginia won't disappear; you will just be adding to your circle when you make new ones in Boone. :)

About church: Visit the churches that the students attend until you guys find one that feels like home.

Finally: Packing for three is just like packing for one, except it involves more boxes!

See? All of your problems are solved!

Love you,
Robyn

robyn L. said...

P.S. College students make great babysitters.

And, no Starbucks? No worries! You can get great coffee here:
http://www.espressonews.com/

and here:
http://highergroundscoffeeshoppe.com/

and here:
http://www.baldguybrew.com/

Boone sounds like a totally cool place! Enjoy the adventure!

erin said...

whew, girl i can identify! our move from mississippi up here to delaware (now two years ago - whoa!) was a biggie for me. some of the biggest comfort to me, who also loves sameness, is resting in the huge things that are the same. scripture? always always the same. God's willingness to hear us in prayer? constant. a new church? it's actually surprisingly like meeting old friends - they are family, after all. :)

Anonymous said...

btw...I think that's neat that you'll be at Ap again!

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy, just wanted to say hello. Meredith Parks (or Jones now) told me that you are going to be moving back to Boone. I know it's hard to move (we are planning on moving this summer as well) but that's exciting that God is leading you back to App and IV!
Looks like you are doing well!

Angela said...

How exciting to be going back to Boone! Moving is tough (had to do it last year with two toddlers and pregnant!), but just take it one box at a time...and say "yes!" to all help offered. :) Can't wait to hear how God surprises you with new friends and "family" when you get settled in!