Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Things I DO miss about VA part III


Joshua and Kristen exercising on Girl's night!



Wednesday night- Girl's Night! This started a few months after Joshua was born. My good friend Kristen started coming over to cook dinner for me on Wednesday nights. Wednesday's were always hard for me because Jeremy was on the ODU campus all day working for InterVarsity and he would not get home until 9:30 or 10pm. This was such a huge blessing for me. We also started reading a book together, Knowing God. It was a great encouragement to us both! (We need to finish it!) As with most good things, our evenings continued to grow- I mean multiply! We had tons of other women join us: April, Jenn, Holly, Nicolette, Tiffany, Catherine, did I miss anyone? We would call each other weekly to plan the meal and each of us with contribute and what a feast we would have each week. The nights included winding down from work, play time with Joshua, exercising with Joshua, bathing Joshua, encouraging conversations in the kitchen over food, and yes, watching America's Next Top Model. Ask me why if you are curious!

2 comments:

robyn L. said...

Why were you all watching Top Model? I think I know why, but I figured I'd open the forum up for discussion. ;o)

Tracy said...

First, it is toooo easy to make fun of Tyra Banks on the show.
Second, as sad as it seems, it is entertaining to watch silly women battle it out to be "America's Next Top Model"
Third, all my teens watched it from Midtown, so I had to see what all the fuss was about
Fourth, it give me a plethora of material to give talks to women about body image!
I can come up with more reasons, but then I would just be trying to justify myself! Ha Ha!